When I opened up World of Warcraft to play with patch 5.1, I noticed that one of my favorite addons, ArkInventory, was broken. Lime green boxes appeared in my inventory in place of things like Golden Lotus, Crane cards, flasks, and Giant Turtle Tongues.
While we patiently wait for ArkInventory and all of our other addons to be updated, there are workarounds. For ArkInventory, here’s the fix:
- If you are currently in World of Warcraft, exit the game
- On your local computer, navigate to <Your WoW Installation Folder>\World of Warcraft\interface\addons\ArkInventory
- Open up ArkInventory.xml in your favorite text editor.
- Find all occurrences of file=” and replace it with file=”Interface\Buttons\UI-PassiveHighlight”
- Save ArkInventory.xml
- Launch World of Warcraft and enable ArkInventory (even as an out-of-date addon)
That’s it! Your bags will return to the way they were in all their glory.
UPDATE: This has now been officially fixed in version 3.03.21.